Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bike for Sale.

Well makin babies is expensive. And we have an extremely tight budget to make the whole having a baby thing work. So I am selling my bike. It is kind of sad. The bike is really cool it is a 1000cc Ironhead/Shovelhead 1979 Harley Sportster with a bit of rake long tubes and a gooseneck frame. I can remember last year walking around seeing thousands of bikes that people spent a lot more money on than mine and thinking my bike is cooler than 99% of these bikes and that is probably an understatement. But alas it turns out that I don't like tinkering on things in my garage so maybe a bike that is as old as me may not be the right bike for me. Turns out I would have done better with a honda shadow or something a bit more run of the mill/boring. So I may get a bike some day later but for now I will put the cash in savings and not have to pay for the insurance or bike maintenance. So if you know anyone looking for a Bike Let me know I'll sell it for $3,000 (it is hard to find a Harley that cheep).


2 comments:

Keisha said...

I think I'm gonna kind of miss your bike. It is so pretty and it sounds so awesome when you start it up. I love that you can hear it through your bones! I, however, won't miss the worries that come when I know you are out there somewhere on it.

Ahh! I have such a responsible husband;selling his bike to help take care of us.

Allen said...

Hold off on calling me responsible till you see where that money ends up.