Friday, June 08, 2007

Who am I ? Part 1 (Does the Title Make the Man?)

Our (Creative Director) at Church/Work (Josh) has designed some sweet business cards. I would like to have a set of these sweet business cards. However, there is a problem... I have no title. And apparently to get a set of sweet cards I need a title. Not that I couldn't have a title or that I have to work there longer or harder to get one, I just don't have one.

I can't really think of one that suits me. I do several different things at work. Today I worked with our (Associate Pastor) Joel on developing some discipleship curriculum, I made CDs, and printed bulletins. Some of my favorite stuff to do is shooting ideas around for various things such as videos and advertisements with (Senior Pastor) Casey, (Youth Minister) Brock, (Executive Assistant) Lauren, and (Administrator) Tim. I have also been a voice over talent as well as an actor. I am also part of our set up tear down crew for mobile church. I do a little bit with numbers and records.

I thought about Creative Facilitator or Multi departmental Facilitator or Priest (according to some verses in the bible I qualify, but I think nowadays I would have to be ordained) or Pastoral Assistant, which I kind of like but I think it would require pastoral approval and it has the word assistant in it. I dislike the word assistant unless paired with something really cool because it can sound a bit feminine and being a stay home dad is bad enough.

I may just go with Servant as I am serving both God and others. It is probably the most fitting title. It has no power and a bit less vanity associated with it (which I am finding is a major part of job titles). So perhaps until my job duties become a little more focused or at least cool sounding maybe I will go with servant.

What do you think?

7 comments:

Keisha said...

I like Servant.

Anonymous said...

We'll figure out a title for you. It'll be okay.

Allen said...

I wasn't gonna cry. But, it is perhaps a bit of an identity crisis.

Anonymous said...

I would go with creative multidepartmental Assistional servant.

Karen

Anonymous said...

i like pastoral assisant - personally. :) (you really are if you think about it).

Dotti said...

ON the lighter side, you are the Creative Guy Friday. Pastoral Assistant is probably more accurate. Sounds like time for a creative team meeting. Don't go for an identity crisis. You'll always be son to me. :)

Unknown said...

And Brother to me!!!