Well today the umbilical cord stump fell off. And for those of you who haven't had children you may not have known that they existed or how cute they are so I figured I would post it. When she was first born the umbilical cord was kind of a fleshy clearish color. They sealed it off with a clamp that that they attached a little alarm thing to which kept people from stealing the baby. This clamp stayed on till we were about to leave the hospital. This clamp is what made the light colored line that runs through the middle of the stump. A couple of hours after being born they painted the stump with some dark blue stuff that turned it black. It eventually shrived up and today not unlike a scab it fell off. I think that it may now be destined to go in Granny's shadow box so it can be displayed for all to see. You guys sure are lucky she is a girl and therefore there was no circumcision.
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
I need to tell you something... I got a belly button.
Well today the umbilical cord stump fell off. And for those of you who haven't had children you may not have known that they existed or how cute they are so I figured I would post it. When she was first born the umbilical cord was kind of a fleshy clearish color. They sealed it off with a clamp that that they attached a little alarm thing to which kept people from stealing the baby. This clamp stayed on till we were about to leave the hospital. This clamp is what made the light colored line that runs through the middle of the stump. A couple of hours after being born they painted the stump with some dark blue stuff that turned it black. It eventually shrived up and today not unlike a scab it fell off. I think that it may now be destined to go in Granny's shadow box so it can be displayed for all to see. You guys sure are lucky she is a girl and therefore there was no circumcision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like your title. I guess we will be watching more Veggie Tales here pretty soon.
I really hope you were kidding about that stump being cute.
And only you would take a picture of it and put it on a blog (I guess that is the science teacher in you). ;)
i know you did not take a picture of that nasty thing. i actually think the thing that fell off the circ was less gross! it was like a little lego man helmet. glad violet's lil belly button is vacated though.
I don't think it will go in the shadow box. It is too cute, maybe the living room of your house.
Post a Comment