Wednesday, November 29, 2006
To Induce or Not to Induce...
Well at the doctor's today we discovered that there was not much change since last week or the week before. So in talking we started talking about when to induce. It turns out that our doctor is on call the 4th (Monday, two days before our due date), the 9th (Ideal timing as it is a few days after the due date so we are giving our girl a chance to come on her own, but not too much) however, it is a Saturday so there is an anesthesiology issue so pain management is an issue so pretty much a no go.), and the 14th (which is a week and a day past the due date so she has plenty of chance to come on her own, but doesn't that seem a long ways away?). We have to tell the doctor tomorrow whether we want to go for it on Monday or want to wait till the 14th. So what do you guys think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I know nothing a/b labor and babies but my first thought was...ya'll have waited NINE MONTHS, whats two more weeks?
why does my face look so deformed?????
Well, you know I was in favor of the 4th to start with but then letting things happen naturally seems to be a good idea. I just don't know which is best. I guess we can love her in her present warm
spot same as out in this old world.
Ha. (can't rock her though). I think go by what the doc thinks and let the Lord take the rest of it..Maybe he should just have it all but you have to let the doc know.
I love you loads.
Nana
Well, I don't know anything about labor either but my first instinct was go for the 4th!! If I were you I couldn't wait any longer! But I am impatient and know nothing about what it is like to induce. I can't wait until she is here!! :)
My doctor said Robby will probably be late too, but they won't let me go more than a week late. When you induce, I think you will definitely want the epidural because your contractions will probably be hellacious (so I've heard). With all that said, I'm for letting nature take its course and waiting till the 14th. Eat lots of Mexican food and walk a lot too! That may help :)
Post a Comment