Monday, November 13, 2006

Chupacabra

Check out what they killed over in Johnson County. The Game and Fish Commission says they believe it to be a dog. However, local residents remain unconvinced. Some think it is a weird dog/coyote cross and other's believe it has the characteristics of a Chupacabra. This is from 5newsonline.com they showed it on the news tonight. The reason I am talking about it is because these things live up on the hill where our cabin is. I personally haven't seen one however, my dad thinks this probably what he saw one night, and we have a picture of a big one on a game camera that was set up on the top of the hill. In the picture we have the beast looks somewhat like a cross between a non fuzzy hyena and perhaps a deer. It is definetly one of those animals where when you look at it you are unable to identify it properly. So is this the legendary goat sucker? After all sheep have disappeared from our hill.

Anyway, this just gives me one more reason to carry a gun, some other reasons include: Bears (especially since we just ate one of their cubs), bobcats (game camera evidence), coyotes (hear them at night), Mountain Lions (people over there claim to have seen them and heard them ,they sound like a woman screaming, I also read about a suspected attack a county or two over that left a woman dead, the great thing about that is that they have territories covering hundreds of miles which could mean that the same animal visits us.) but it's all safe really.

3 comments:

Keisha said...

It reminds me of that little animal from "The Lion King,"
a Meer cat (I don't know how to spell that). Except I've seen that show on TLC or the Discovery channel and the animal from "The Lion King" is much smaller than I had pictured it being.

Anonymous said...

That gross thing might get Dodge.

Anonymous said...

set some traps. see if you can catch one.