Friday, August 25, 2006

Open Pandoras Box....Do it......NOW!!!!!!!

Ok, so I was checking out my pal Carly's blog and she had posted about a thing called Pandora and it turns out it is very very cool. I have only been on it for about 30 minutes but I couldn't wait to talk about it. It aparently came out of the music genome project. In the M.G.P. they analyzed over 10,000 artist's songs and broke the songs down musically not by genre but by the musical qualities. So what this means is that they can match you up with music that you have never heard of that you are likely to like. So with Pandora you enter an artist or song and they find music similar to and including that artist. Then when songs come up you can give them the thumbs up or thumbs down and it will adjust acordingly. You can also continue to add other artists and songs you like to make the Free online radio truely custom. So give it a try. http://www.pandora.com/

3 comments:

Keisha said...

Allen created a radio channel for me and I really like (and remember I'm picky about music). It keeps pulling up songs and artists I had forgotten about and really like. It also plays B sides from albums(I like this because I don't like music enough to spend money on it so I'm getting to hear new stuff from old albums). I've also found a ton of new artists I had never heard of that I'm really enjoying.

Anonymous said...

Yea! Word of mouth rocks, I made a station today and I swear to goodness it was just instant-happy for me. Who needs drugs!?

Anonymous said...

Good find Allen!