Well about two or three days ago I finished reading Do you have TIME for success? and It only takes everything you've got. Both by Julio Melara. These are both inspirational self help kind of books. However, they are pretty small with large print so they are quick reads. I liked them; they weren't really anything unheard of. What I took from it is that I need to settle on some goals and formalize them, write them down, and share them. There are many things that I would like to do but never really work on or at least not with the tenacity to get them done. I have accomplished things that were hard before and have set goals and reached them. But in order to accomplish some big stuff you have to get serious about things. If you don't set goals things tend not to get done. One of my biggest successes with goal setting was the paying off of our second mortgage. We set a goal gave it a time limit and put in the work to get it done. It took most of my paycheck for a year but it got done and now we have less debt and one less payment. We'll I am now starting to brainstorm as to what goals I want to set and then figure out how to meet them and set time limits etc. So what goals are you guys working on?
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Getting on top of things.
Well about two or three days ago I finished reading Do you have TIME for success? and It only takes everything you've got. Both by Julio Melara. These are both inspirational self help kind of books. However, they are pretty small with large print so they are quick reads. I liked them; they weren't really anything unheard of. What I took from it is that I need to settle on some goals and formalize them, write them down, and share them. There are many things that I would like to do but never really work on or at least not with the tenacity to get them done. I have accomplished things that were hard before and have set goals and reached them. But in order to accomplish some big stuff you have to get serious about things. If you don't set goals things tend not to get done. One of my biggest successes with goal setting was the paying off of our second mortgage. We set a goal gave it a time limit and put in the work to get it done. It took most of my paycheck for a year but it got done and now we have less debt and one less payment. We'll I am now starting to brainstorm as to what goals I want to set and then figure out how to meet them and set time limits etc. So what goals are you guys working on?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment