Monday, September 04, 2006
Gooooooooaaals ! ! ! ! ! !

Well like I talked about earlier I have been working on developing some goals, I may be adding a few more. So here is where I stand as far as some solid goals:
Spiritual - Read at least a chapter of the bible daily. (I have been doing this for a few weeks and I have missed some days here and there but I have been keeping it up.)
I have been doing the bible in a year thing thing. However, it may end up being the bible in a year and a half. I am not giving up.
Financial - 1. Live on Keisha's check until the baby comes.
2. Put all of my checks from teaching into savings and ultimately into a CD or something. (The idea here being that if I am not bringing in so much money when I've got a kid we won't be worrying so much about life if there is some money put away.)
3. Put what we hope will be our substantial tax return into savings.
1. Lived on Keisha's paycheck.
2. Saved up about 6 months living expenses and put it in a money market.
3. Put most of our tax return into savings. The rest went to TIVO.
Personal - Lose 37 pounds by the end of school (Memorial Day). (This is 1 lb per week.)
I lost probably about 30 lbs. so pretty close.
Also, in my last goal post I asked you guys to tell me some of your goals. That was not a rhetorical question. So come on share some of your goals. And if you don't have any you ought to think about it a while and nail some down. It's easier to get where you want to go if you know where your going.
So how have your goals been coming along?
4 comments:
I think you did an awesome job!! Keep up the good work.
Do you have new goals?
You did great, son. You are looking so trim. Here's how I did. I bought another Bible to teach out of so that I am currently using 2 Bibles. I am working harder in the summer to finish Jacquelin's Bible. In the meantime we are building a Bible here with good notes. I plan to copy some of her notes to the new Bible. I'm still working on weight. Financial? Well, let's just say Dad was wrong about the airplane repairs being cheaper than a funeral! However, it is much, much happier. Praise God for His protection the night the engine messed up over Fayetteville. I guess that means we will keep after the financial ones even longer!
I am really proud to call you my grandson. You are fearfully and wonderfully made and guided. I have told you in person before but I will do it on this blog for all the world to read. I am very proud of the man you have become. You found a mate who is a true helpmate. Much of the credit of who you are today goes to your parents, much to you and the greatest portion to Almighty God for leading you so directly.
I love you.
Post a Comment