

I have never spent much time looking for furniture before. However, I am on a quest for a rocking chair. I even have a fairly decent budget for it. The problem is that they don't really make sweet rocking chairs these days, unless you literally want to spend $3,000. So if you want a sweet rocking chair it will probably be around a hundred years old and you have to look in flea markets and of course ebay. The problem is that people don't really want to ship rocking chairs and if you do their shipping estimate is generally between $30 and $500 dollars so while some have reasonable shipping others are astronomical. The two chairs you see above are currently for sale on ebay and I like both but obviously I like the first one better. The first chair has been in the current family for over 50 years and they weren't the first owners. The carving on it is the North Wind. Its issue is that it is in nashville and they will not ship. The second chair is simple yet elegant. Its issue is that it appears that it will be sold in an actual auction in Chicago and that the ebay thing will just get your bid in for that. I am betting that this one won't go cheap and they are also likely one of those prohibatively expensive shippers as well. So if any of you know of any sweet rocking chairs for sale or are planning on going from Nashville to Northwest Arkansas any time soon let me know.
4 comments:
Cracker Barrel has rocking chairs that they sell. I'm not sure what they cost though.
Josh stole my comment right out of my keyboard. CB: the first vendor that comes to mind for my rocking chair needs.
garage sales baby.
Mike Reed lives in nashville, and he might be willing to babysit it for you or arrange some kind of shipping.
I think he posted on my blog the other day but I haven't been able to say Hi to him
Tim
Post a Comment